Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mom's Tomato Soup Cake

As a little girl, I just loved it when my Mom made her tomato soup cake.  While looking for some of my favorite recipes for posting, I came across this one.   I've never made it myself but I think this must be as good a time as any!  I hope it's as good as I remember it.

Cream together:

1/2 c butter or margarine
1 1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 can tomato soup

Sift together and add to the above:

1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp salt

Add 1 c raisins and 1 c nut meats.

Bake in prepared loaf pan for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. i <3 tomato cake all thanks to my mom who use to make it every bday of all the kids LOL [ we were 6 kids in the house]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds crazy...but I'm going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete