Wednesday, November 17, 2010

GRANDMOTHER SAYS. . . . .

When I was a little girl growing up I didn't know either of my Grandmothers (both having passed away before I was born) but I did have my Grandfathers for a few years.   But I do remember my Mom saying some of the following and I have even said a couple to my children when they were growing up.

Beauty is only skin deep.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

The best things in life are free.

All that glitters is not gold.

Never judge by appearances.

Money does not grow on trees.

Things are not always what they seem.

You can't tell a book by its cover.

Don't go near the water until you learn how to swim.

Waste not, want not.

A penny saved is a penny earned.

And I do hope I'm around to say a few of them to my darling granddaughter!  These are a few simple words but have an enormous amount of meaning to them.

3 comments:

  1. I remember many of the same sayings, passed down from my grandparents, then my parents. I only knew one grandmother. (Mom's side) The rest had passed before I was born as well.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! It's nice to meet someone so close to home. I grabbed your button last Friday, but I guess I hadn't "followed" you through GFC, so I did that today.

    Hope you're having a great week!

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Linda i'm a new follower :)
    i enjoyed a lot this post,thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All good things to remember! I wonder if my son will text them to his children. LOL Such a different world...

    ReplyDelete