Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where Does the Time Go? . . . Quiche Tarts

WOW, it's August 21st already.  I've been thinking about Thanksgiving and our huge planned family get together of 50 or so people, Christmas time, visiting and being visited, and of course having prepared snacks to offer.  My husband and I were visiting friends during the holiday season of 1980 (I remember when it was because our daughter was a baby, having been born in March of 1980).  Anyway, we were offered these delicious quiche tarts and my husband HAD to have the recipe.  In looking at it now, I can see that it has had a lot of use in the past.   I will have to write out a new recipe card!  I have not made them since my husband passed away 9 years ago.  But since I've come across it, I think I'll add it to the list of  "things to make and freeze and have ready with short notice".  So, here it is:

QUICHE TARTS

To 3 c finely chopped onions (I used food processor) , add 1/4 c melted butter; stir in 2 Tbs flour and cook over medium heat for five minutes.

Mix together:    2 eggs, beaten
                        1 c heavy cream
                         1/2 lb grated Swiss  cheese

Combine above mixture with onion mixture; add salt and pepper to taste.

Line mini muffin pans with crescent roll dough (need 2 containers of them - I get about 3 per slice).  Fill each with a heaping Tbs of mixture and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.  

If you don't eat them all - freeze after cooling and removing from pan.  When ready to eat some, take out of freezer and place on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.   Makes 41 to 44 tarts.  

Perhaps my daughter and I can make a couple of batches of these together one day soon.

ENJOY


                       

12 comments:

  1. Hi Thanks for the follow. I'm now following you back. Enjoy your weekend!!

    Diary of a Chic Mommy
    http://www.diaryofachicmommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for following Hollywood Chic, much appreciated and returned the favor to you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Might just have to give it a try. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I am following you back! Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

    http://www.cruncheemom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    I am following you back! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great recipe! Happy to return your follow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog! Following via Relax & Surf Sunday. Hope you follow back! http://funfritzfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the follow. Following you back =)

    http://sokikay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting the Follow Friday 40 and Over Blog Hop!

    I am now following you. Please follow me if you haven't already done so!!

    I would also like to invite you to join the Over 40 Bloggers Club!! Take a look and join in the fun!

    Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the follow. I am following you back!

    Lydia
    www.ontheverge6.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just came by to check out your delightful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those sound AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for stopping by The House on the Corner! I'm following back!

    ReplyDelete