Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sweet Potato Souffle

Planning our first HUGE Family Thanksgiving dinner.  This year on Thanksgiving we hope to have 50 to 60 family members in attendance.  We're actually going to cook and dine in my church's fellowship hall.  So, while thinking ahead I'm wondering how much Sweet Potato Souffle I should make.  This dish has always been a hit with my children and now my granddaughter likes it too!  Give it a try . . . .

Ingredients:

10 large sweet potatoes
2 sticks of butter
3-4 large eggs, beaten
1/4 c sugar
2 greased or sprayed casserole dishes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F 

Boil sweet potatoes and remove skin while running under cold water.  Mash potatoes.  Mix in 1 stick of butter at a time and blend.   Beat in eggs and add sugar and continue beating until smooth and fluffy.

Pour into prepared casserole dishes.

  (I usually put a design or initial on the top with a spatula - this year it will be an A for Adison). 

Bake for 45 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE Sweet Potato Souffle!
    I make it every year. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by!
    emily
    www.familyandlifeinlv.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you back from TTT and love your recipe - might just steal it for myself this Thanksgiving...looks so simple and I like simple dishes....while we dont have that many people, there still is plenty....with five chilren, their spouses, and their kids, friends....I would say 20-25...but love the holiday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sweet potatoe souffle too! We usually use brown sugar with peacans or marshmellows on top. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have sweet potatoes galore at the moment - yay a new recipe. I wish my mum would blog too... Oh well, am following for you, so please check out my blog @ http://louandjane.blogspot.com/ Have a lovely day, I'm off to get some ingredients...will let you know how it goes! Jane:)

    ReplyDelete