Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Visit with the Boys and their Dad - Mini Cheesecakes

My nephew Bobby is coming up from Pennsylvania with his boys Anthony and Angelo over the Labor Day Weekend.  Via facebook, he mentioned how good those little cream cheese cakes would be that I make, so I dug out the recipe (I always make these during the holiday season as they look festive besides tasting so good!)   My great-nephews like them just as much and also my niece and her family, my brother and his wife, etc. etc.etc.  So, instead of following the recipe in its entirety, I change from vanilla wafers to mini vanilla wafers and you get a lot more.  Just switch to mini wafers and mini muffin pans and you're all set.

Ingredients

1 Box Nilla wafers
2 pkgs cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
2/3 c sugar
3 tsp vanilla
canned pie filling (choose your topping)

Mix together cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla.  Let stand.  Line muffin pans with paper liners.  Place one Nilla wafer upside down in each liner.  Fill each 2/3 full with cream cheese mixture.  

Makes 1 1/2 to 2 dozen 

Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes. 

Let cool for a few minutes and top each with a spoonful of pie filling.
Refrigerate overnight (or, all day if you make them in the morning)

Enjoy! 

6 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for stopping by! I am slready following you! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! I am here from Making Friends Monday. Thank you for following me. I am following you too!!

    Laura


    http://placeforevery-thing.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing :) Sounds delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, those sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stoppin' by for a Latte'. I am happy to return the follow. Ummm cheesecakes sound so good right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Sew Much More In Life!! Those cheesecakes sounds delicious! Maybe I'll make some one day!

    ReplyDelete