Monday, August 16, 2010

Super Delicious Cornbread

    About 12 or 13 years ago I began collecting cookbooks; many won on ebay bids; many others bought in antique shops and some bought while on vacations or just because they appealed to be for whatever reason (I Love Lucy cookbook, Gone with the Wind cookbook, etc.)  Following is a recipe for the most delicious cornbread I've ever had.  When my children were a bit younger they ate it warm from the oven.  I hope you'll try it and enjoy it as much as we do.

Ingredients:

1/2 c butter, softened
1 can (8 oz) corn, drained
1 can (8 oz) creamed corn
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 pkg (8.5 oz) corn muffin mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until blended, but don't beat.

Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.

Bake for 1 hour, or until the top is lightly browned.

"It's the creamed corn that makes the difference."

4 comments:

  1. yum, now you have to make it. Make sure to visit my blog today and join in our To the Top Tuesday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually..I entered your name for my bog hop already. You just need to make a post about it and follow people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great recipe! I will have to print this out and make it with my chili once Fall hits!

    I am your newest follower! I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete