Saturday, October 23, 2010

GoD and DoG Review

GoD and DoG
God and Dog by Wendy Francisco is an awesome short read!  This little book expresses the unconditional love of Dog and God, a book written so simply with beautiful illustrations and sparse wording, but with a powerful message that will touch your heart.  The lesson is simple, yet so true.   God's love is unconditional and your dog loves you unconditionally.  I've offered the use of this book to my pastor  who is going to use it for a Children's Message.  My darling granddaughter is not quite three but I have read this to her a couple of times and I'll save this book for her to read in another year or so.  Amen and woof woof!
I do recommend watching the video and listening to the song as it adds a little more depth to the narrative. (The video can be found on Wendy's site http://www.wendyfrancisco.com/ )   Added bonus:  sheet music included.  ENJOY!!
Thank you to Wendy Francisco and Hachette Book Group for this inspirational little book.

1 comment:

  1. I can't count how many times I've heard this and I tear up every single time!!

    I totally agree - dog were created so we could see an example of God's unconditional love for us.

    ReplyDelete