Friday, January 28, 2011

Microweave Meatball Stew from One-Pot Recipes

I haven't had this one but am DEFINITELY going to try it soon - perhaps over the weekend when I am babysitting for my little Miss Adison!  Don't stew when there's no time to simmer dinner.  This extra speedy stew is ready in about 25 minutes.
Microwave Meatball Stew Recipe
Microwave, Meatball Stew

1 egg, beaten
1/2 c dry bread crumbs
1/2 c finely chopped onion
2 Tbs onion soup mix
1 pound ground beef
1 can (16 oz) whole potatoes, drained and quartered
1 1/4 c sliced frozen carrots
1 1/4 c frozen peas
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed beef broth, undiluted
1/2 tsp dried savory
1/4 tsp dried thyme
2 Tbs cornstarch
2 Tbs water
1/4 tsp browning sauce, optional

Combine egg, crumbs, onion and soup mix.  Add beef and mix well.  Shape into 1 1/2 inch meatballs.  Place in a microwave-safe baking dish; cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes.  turn meatballs and microwave 5 minutes more; drain.  Combine the next seven ingredients; spoon over meatballs and stir once.  combine cornstarch and water and browning sauce if desired; stir into the stew.  Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
Makes 4 - 6 servings
Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. You know I just love these one-pot dinners! SO convenient, one of my favorite words. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful. I also have a few microwave meals that I love to make. This sounds terrific. I'm new here and just wanted you to know how much I like the food and recipes you feature here. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete